I don’t know how to ever thank the following people for carrying me through this journey. They have gone way above and beyond anything I could ever expect. There are so many others who are showing such love and support – it’s overwhelming! Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me!!!
TODD – captain, chef (awesome meals daily), chauffeur (extremely cautious driving due to platelet-challenged cargo), medical advocate (each appointment he comes prepared with a long list of questions), medical appointment secretary (making up to 4 appointments a day), medication coordinator (making certain all medications are taken when due – 16 doses per day), medical communications chair (making sure all members of the team are up to date via email, text, and voicemail), marketing manager (all market runs – he now knows where the most obscure items are found at Trader Joe’s and Pavilions, Laguna Beach.) Daily visits to the Bubble.
REX – chauffeur (extremely cautious driving due to platelet-challenged cargo), prescription pick up (on a moment’s notice), wheelchair rental management (securing the purple one (!) so I could attend his Orientation Day at USC), will visit the Bubble when he is fully recovered from non-stop fraternity late nights.
MYCHAELA – love and support from Los Angeles each and every day, with several visits to the Bubble each week.
MOM and DAD – lunch delivery, dinner delivery, dessert delivery, couch project delivery, book delivery, magazine delivery, flower delivery, love delivery, daily Bubble visits.
MARY – super supporter bar none (daily check-ins), communications director for friends and family, delivery of unreal edible and non-edible goodies, willing to do absolutely anything for me.
LEASON – super duper loving brother who, without hesitation, donated his bone marrow to save my life!
ERIN – over-the-top card sender, lifting my spirits with DAILY cards for over a year!
LAURA – daily inspirational quotes posted to my Facebook page to keep me focused on the positive!
I LOVE MY DOCS!!!
1. DR. C – medical team quarterback for Newport Beach docs, internist
2. DR. H – rheumatologist, diagnostic team for Eosinophilic Fasciitis
3. DR. M1 – infectious disease specialist, diagnostic team for Eosinophilic Fasciitis
4. DR. G1 – neurologist, diagnostic team for Eosinophilic Fasciitis
5. DR. S1 – oncologist/hematologist, treatment of Eosinophilic Fasciitis, early treatment of Severe Aplastic Anemia
6. DR. B – cardiologist, consultant for heart-related complications
7. DR. S2 – surgeon, quadricep biopsy surgery
8. DR A1 – oncologist/hematologist, treatment of Eosinophilic Fasciitis, early treatment of Severe Aplastic Anemia
9. DR. W – rheumatologist, consultant for Eosinophilic Fasciitis
10. DR. M2 – gastroenterologist, consultant for internal bleeding, endoscopy and colonoscopy
11. DR. P – team captain – pre transplant, hematologist/cell transplantation
12. DR. F – team captain – post transplant, hematologist/department head
13. DR. D – infectious disease specialist, inpatient side effects
14. DR. Y – cardiologist, inpatient heart complications
15. DR. A2 – hematologist, inpatient team
16. DR. R – hematologist, inpatient team
17. DR. G2 – hematologist, inpatient team
18. DR. J – dermatologist, Graft vs. Host skin involvement
19. DR. S3 – ophthalmologist, Graft vs. Host eye involvement
20. DR. I – ophthalmologist, cataracts, Graft vs. Host eye involvement
21. DR. K1 – ophthalmologist, cataract surgeries, Graft vs. Host eye involvement
22. DR. K2 – ophthalmologist, allergic reaction complications
23. DR. O – ophthalmologist, allergic reaction complications
24. DR. G3 – anesthesiologist for cataract surgery #1
25. DR. S4 – anesthesiologist for cataract surgery #2
26. DR. S5 – family medicine, nutrition expert
27. DR. S6 – optometrist for glasses during vision adjustment phase
28. DR. A3 – hematologist, inpatient rounds during shingles outbreak
29. DR. R2 – ophthalmologist, intraductal meibomian gland probing
30. DR. G4 – ophthalmologist, advanced potential treatments
31. DR. F2 – otolaryngologist (what?!), sinus mass diagnosis
32. DR. C2 – periodontist, sinus mass diagnosis, dental root involvement
THE ROCKIN’ TEAM OF NURSES AT THE HOAG HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER!
Denise, both Karens, Danielle, June, Cindy, Jean, Ashley, Karan, Sheila, Larry, Becky, Kim, Mary Lou, Esmeralda, Ruth and all the others!
THE ROCKIN’ TEAM OF NURSES, N.P.s, P.A.s AND STAFF AT CITY OF HOPE!
Helford Hospital 5th floor: Steph, Esther, Jackie, Cathy, Rose, Eudie, Joanna, Mary, Sarah, Ana Maria, Alfredo, Fredi, Margaret, Eden, Reana, Margarita, Dalia, Riza, Mini, Carrie, Tyrone, Marisa, Johnny, Wendy, Holly, Lisa, Susie, June, Mary May, Patricia, Tiffany, Erika, Cristina, Kathy, Anna and all the others.
Helford Hospital 6th floor: Michelle, Lisa, Sara, Roberta, Fredi, Mary, Emily, Marie, Josetta, Amanda, Melanie, Glenda.
Ventricular Access Device Blood and Transfusion Dept.: Holly, Wendy, Amethyst, Susan, Marenette, Cecile and all the others.
Oncology/Hematology Clinic: Mindy, Corey, Sylvia, Martin, Lynn, Brianna, Joyce, Anna, Christina, Sallie, Michelle, Martha, Yolanda, Allison, Alma, Eric, Cynthia, Leslie, Marie, Surime, Emily Jo, and all the rest.
Main Lab: Patty, Jessica, Jamie, Silvia, Honey Ly, Paul, Jenny, Andrea, Luis, Flor, Nicci and all the others.
Appointment team: Mercedes, Annie, Danielle, Francisco, Marlene, Maila, Chelcee, Wendy, Laura, Danny, Nancy and Pilar.
Paitent Services: Naomi, Danny, Yolanda, Donna, Lupe, Monica, Amy, Nicole and all the others.
Evaluation and Treatment Center: Gladys
THE ROCKIN’ TEAM OF PHARMACISTS AT PAVILIONS, LAGUNA BEACH!
Tiffany, Khan, Lizbeth, Becky and Briana.
I have been able to trust and lean on these amazing professionals. Their care is superb!